We're all in this together...

We all deserve equal human rights.  We all do not share equal human rights.  When fighting for the rights of others, I innately feel as though I'm fighting for my rights.  After all, what truly separates us?  When fighting for the cause, I often think of this poem attributed to Pastor Martin Niemoller,

"THEY CAME FIRST for the Communists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Communist.

THEN THEY CAME for the Jews,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a Jew.

THEN THEY CAME for the trade unionists,
and I didn't speak up because I wasn't a trade unionist.

THEN THEY CAME for the Catholics,
and I didn’t speak up because I was a Protestant.

THEN THEY CAME for me
and by that time no one was left to speak up."

So let's speak up.  Spread the word.  Build awareness.  You and me.  

0 comments:

Post a Comment